Regional Radio Star {in training}

It's finally Friday - and yes, I mean finally. It's been such a crazy {but fun} week. We had a big event and a HUGE event at work this week, so when I say I'm a little tired, I think it's completely justified. I have a thousand pictures to go through, edit and post before I leave work today, plus all the other normal things non-event related. I was so tired I almost forgot to wear orange today. Don't worry, Pokes, I remembered. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a good night of sleep tonight!

When I left you Monday, I was headed to bed so I'd be rested for 7:30 am meetings. Guys, I'm so not a morning person. But, getting to work that early wasn't all bad...
For those of you who don't know, I listen to the Sports Animal all.the.time. I think the Morning Animals are awesome. People know if I'm in my office or not by if they can hear people talking sports as they walk by my door (I've strategically hidden myself from view thanks to constant interruptions while designing). Anyway, part of my job is social media, so when my dear friends the morning animals were having probs posting to their Facebook page and requested help from listeners, clearly I called to help. Lump was so super nice and said my name several times on air and tweeted me back. I won't lie when I say I felt a little important.

On Wednesday, Jersey Mike's wrapped up their Month of Giving with a huge day of giving - all proceeds from OKC locations benefited the Food Bank. I got to go out and visit a few locations to take pictures, and while I was there, I was asked to be on-air with KOMA! I was interviewed about what Jersey Mike's was doing for the day. Clearly after that interview & my shout outs on the Sports Animal, a twitter bio update was in order:

Yes, that reads "Wannabe Regional Radio Star."
Wednesday evening, Matt & I took Thabo on an adventure to Petsmart. Now that he's all healed from a broken bone & surgery, he's quite rambunctious! He did enjoy sitting in this box and chewing the sides of it. I also bought Molly Jo some treats and decorated chew bones to play with, and I'm not sure she likes either - the treats are healthy for old lady dogs (clearly she's going to be bummed for a healthy treat!) and she just stares at the bones and hasn't done a thing to actually chew on them. And they're even decorated in pink. Weirdo. 

And yesterday, oh man. Let's just say it was 14 long hours of work and fun. I played paparazzi so of course I'll be sharing some pictures over on my work Flickr account, and I already shared some fun on our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The event was at the Cowboy & National Western Heritage Museum (for those of us who are old, the Cowboy Hall of Fame). It's such a beautiful venue, and the event was a great success. 

By the time you're reading this, I hope to have edited a few hundred pictures. I'm looking forward to having dinner with my sweet friend Ashley tonight before she takes off on a new, exciting adventure. 

If you're in the area, I'd like to invite you to join me for church on Sunday! If you're unable to physically be there, you can watch online here. I'm so thankful that Jesus did indeed pay it all. I'm so humbled to serve such a wonderful, loving Savior. 

"Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!"

1 comment: